Arc'teryx Beta SL Hybrid Gore-Tex Jacket - Men's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
"SL" means "superlight", which might be the first thing you notice. Ideal for fast-and-light hiking or as an emergency shell on multi-pitch climbs. A fully adjustable storm hood, drawcord hem and cuff adjusters offer complete protection from the elements. The front zip, vents and pockets all feature water-resistant zippers and tight seam tolerances make it compact and packable.
- GORE-TEX Paclite® Plus in the body and GORE-TEX with C-KNIT™ reinforcement in high-wear areas.
- 40-denier face fabric is lightweight and hard-wearing.
- Micro seam allowance of 1.6mm reduces bulk and weight.
- Articulated construction allows dynamic moves.
- Underarm gussets keep jacket from lifting when you're reaching overhead.
- Adjustable storm hood is helmet-compatible, with a laminated brim to deflect rain and snow.
- Tall collar with brushed microsuede chinguard.
- Highly water-resistant external zippers.
- Underarm zips for easy venting.
- High volume hand pockets.
- Laminated cuff adjusters reduce bulk.
- Drop hem provides coverage, with cordlock adjusters.
- Trim fit.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.