Arc'teryx Thorsen Gore-Tex Parka - Men's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Loaded with more down than any other coat in Arc’teryx’s urban line, the Thorsen is as warm as it gets while still maintaining a minimalist aesthetic. Under this jacket’s tailored silhouette lies technical construction and stormproof protection. The outer-layer is sleek 2-layer GORE-TEX™ that's fully waterproof, breathable and windproof. Arc’teryx’s Down Composite Mapping™ is used throughout, sandwiching pillowy down with Coreloft insulation for efficient warmth without bulk. With a 2-way front zipper, knit cuffs and a down insulated collar, your core warmth stays in and the cold stays out. All this weather protection doesn’t come at the cost of mobility, articulated patterning and underarm gussets allow free and easy movement.
- Regular fit feels like putting on an old favourite.
- 2-layer GORE-TEX waterproof breathable material has fully taped seams, keeping you dry in even the heaviest rain.
- Micro-seam allowances keep weight and bulk to a minimum.
- Down Composite Mapping places a layer of Coreloft insulation between the down baffles and the outer shell for a thermally efficient system with excellent moisture management.
- Arc’teryx’s Down Contour™ baffles channel the warmth around you, so there are no cold spots.
- Loaded with luxurious 750-fill power down that is Responsible Down Certified, so you can feel good about your down.
- Coreloft siliconized polyester insulation won’t wet-out and has a great warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Articulated pattering and underarm gussets make movement feel natural, no binding or bunching.
- Smooth liner makes layering easy.
- Adjustable, insulated hood has a short, laminated brim.
- Down filled collar provides scarf-like warmth and blocks cool drafts.
- Zippered hand pockets and a single outer zippered chest pocket give you plenty of storage space.
- Internal zippered pocket gives you a warm and secure place to keep your phone on cold days.
- Snap adjustment at the cuffs and soft, internal knit cuffs seal the warmth in and cold out.
- 2-way zipper lets you open your coat from the bottom, letting you adjust your temperature without exposing your upper body to the elements.
- Snap-down storm flap provides an extra layer of weather protection.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||90-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Certified Responsible Down|
How to measure
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.