MEC Silhouette Step-Through Bicycle - Unisex
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 10 to 15 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Decked out with dependable Shimano parts and performance-oriented geometry, the 2019 Silhouette got an end-to-end update. An urban bike, with the same frame as the MEC Shadowlands, the component package was selected to offer the best-possible value. Designed to be your daily commuter as well as your weekend touring rig, this bike will go as far are you legs will let you. Outfit it with a rack and panniers and you’ve got yourself a super eco-vehicle for groceries, wine tours, and getting to your day job.
- Lightweight 7000-series aluminum frame uses butted tubing to keep the weight low.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steered tube keeps the weight low and improves comfort by absorbing vibrations.
- Frame design allows for easy installation of an integrated kickstand.
- 700 x 32mm Continental tires are built for rolling on roads and dirt roads or pathways or light trail use.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide good stopping power, even in wet weather.
- Wide-range gearing features Shimano Alivio front and rear derailleurs.
- Shimano Alivio 26-36-48T triple crank and 9-speed 11-34T cassette lets you climb steep roads easily.
- MEC Ergo Lock-on grips reduce pressure on your hands and won't twist around.
- Wellgo flat pedals can be fitted with toeclips and straps.
- MEC Carbon seatpost smooths out the ride and reduces the bike's overall weight.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics was developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||MEC tapered 7005 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||MEC Performance 31.8mm 7°|
|Headset||FSA NO. 23/CC Integrated|
|Handlebars||MEC Performance Low-Riser 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||MEC Ergo Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano MT201 Disc|
|Shifters||Shimano Alivio SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Alivio|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Alivio|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Alivio 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano BB-ES300|
|Pedals||Wellgo Mountain Flats|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Alivio|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG300 9-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Continental Sport Contact Reflex 700 x 32|
How to measure