When it's raining, you're out training. This version of the Cloudflyer has a lightweight mesh upper with a wind and waterproof membrane to lock out the elements. The Cloud series is renowned for its unique CloudTec® sole: Zero-Gravity EVA cloud pods compress on footstrike, then rebound to provide an energy boost with each toe-off. A wider base and specially designed pods in the rear resist inward rotation to benefit overpronators. Reflective details add some flash and an element of safety on pre-dawn runs.
- Engineered mesh upper with 100% wind and waterproof membrane.
- Adaptive first-layer sockliner ensures a comfortable fit.
- Reinforced heel cage locks your foot in place.
- Plenty of reflective elements, including forefoot mesh and laces, keep you visible once the sun sets.
- CloudTec® sole with lightweight Zero-Gravity foam provides a smooth ride and ample energy return.
- Rubber pads on cloud pods provide all-weather traction.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.