This lightweight avalanche rescue shovel has a hardened, anodized aluminum blade with a sharpened edge to cut through avalanche debris. A large blade, extended length and ergonomic shaft and handle ensure efficient movement of snow, a critical factor in companion rescue. The straight-backed blade is ideal for cutting clean snow profiles, and features plenty of attachment holes for building a snow anchor or rescue sled.
- Hardened, anodized aluminum shovel blade.
- Oval telescopic shaft for easy extension and ergonomic grip.
- Automatic zipper locking for quick, precise guidance during assembly.
- Ergonomically shaped T-grip for efficient transfer of strength.
- Space-saving blade design.
- Sharpened, tilt-resistant blade with integrated steps.
- Straight blade is perfect for cutting clean snow profiles.
- Attachment holes for snow anchor and rescue sled.
|Ideal for||Backcountry skiing|
|Blade material||Hardened aluminum|
D-grips provide better comfort and control but are bulkier than T-grips which are more compact for storage in a pack.
|Blade dimensions||27.5 x 24cm|
Maximum usable length
The maximum usable length of the shovel when the shaft is fully extended.