For taking the hard route up. Articulated for alpine action, these supple pants stand up to rock and snow and ice. The fabric's stretch offers unrestricted movement when you're front pointing or soaking in your summit glory. When wearing your harness, you get frustration-free access to roomy thigh pockets because NOTHING should stand between you and your chocky bar. And with a trim fit through the lower leg, you cross glaciers without snagging your crampons.
- 3-layer H2No® with a 50 denier polyester face fabric protects against abrasion and the elements.
- Stretch fabric with articulation at the knees makes these a dream to move in.
- Zippered thigh pockets hold small personal items for easy on the go access.
- Flat fitting around the waist layers under a harness.
- Webbing in the waist band adjusts for a custom fit.
- Trim fit through the ankles fits snugly over alpine boots.
- Shock cord around cuffs allows adjustment over boots.
|Face fabric||50-denier recycled polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 side cargo zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Recco® system|