Keep the focus on fun for trail and cross-country riding. To keep these Crossmax 29 wheels light, Mavic opted for tubeless tape to seal the system and keep things tight. With a 25mm internal width, you get a nice, stable and playful ride. When the trail gets technical, the quick freehub engagement will make navigating rocky and rooty climbs easier.
- S6000 aluminum rims, 25mm internal width.
- Tubeless-compatible hookless rim is compatible with UST tires.
- Strong, straight-pull steel spokes.
- 24 spokes, front and rear, use a 2-cross lacing pattern for durability and stiffness.
- Aluminum hubs with aluminum axles.
- QRM Auto cartridge bearings are self adjusting, reliable and smooth.
- Instant Drive 360 freehub body features 9° of engagement.
- Boost spacing is 12 x 148mm in the rear, 15 x 110mm in the front.
- Freehub body is compatible with Shimano and SRAM cassettes.
- Wheelset weight is 1930g.
|Recommended tire width||1.8-2.5in.|
|Retention device||Thru-axle 15 mm front / 12 mm rear|
|Brake compatibility||Disc brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
Front hub width
The hub width must fit the inside distance between the two fork ends (dropouts).
|Rear hub width||148mm|
|Hub (front)||Mavic Crossmax|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.