Smoother and easier to use than any other multitool on the market, the Free is the next evolution of classic Leatherman utility. The P2 is built around an intuitive magnetic retention system.The Free line says “goodbye” to the nail-nick, letting you access the tools with an easy roll motion. Simply roll your thumb or finger along the base of the tools for access, meaning no more taking off your gloves to use your Leatherman. A new cam-lock mechanism keeps your tools safely locked in place until you’re done with them.
- Magnetic architecture means no more nail-nicks.
- Intuitive design is easy to use, giving you ready access to all the tools, even when wearing gloves.
- Leaf springs have been replaced with magnets for a smooth release on every tool.
- Strongest plier head that Leatherman has ever made.
- Replaceable, and repairable 154CM wire cutter blades.
- Wharncliffe combination blade has both straight and serrated edges.
- 18 different tools to help your work through whatever life throws at you.
- Bronze bushings for smooth opening of exterior blades, with interior elements that rotate individually.
- All tools have lock into place.
- Contoured and textured handles are grippy and give a nod to the original Leatherman PST.
- Deep carry pocket clip.
- Storm gray nylon sheath is exclusive to the Free line and helps you keep your tool close to hand.
Blade edge type
Serrated edges are useful for cutting dense material like rope or webbing. They stay sharper longer than straight edges, but can be more difficult to sharpen.
|Blade material||420 stainless steel|
|Knife length (closed)||11cm|
|Number of knives||1|
|Phillips (cross) driver||Yes|
|Flathead (slot) screwdriver||Yes|
|Blade locking system||Yes|
Reamers are used to enlarge or true a hole that has already exists.
|Wire cutter||Regular and hard wire|
A spike used for making holes in tough materials such as wood or leather.
This type of awl has a hole for thread in the tip.