Smoother and easier to use than any other multi-tool, the Free is the next evolution of classic Leatherman utility. Built around an intuitive magnetic retention system, you can access the tools with an easy motion. Simply roll your thumb or finger along the base of the tools, without even taking your gloves off. A new cam-lock mechanism keeps your tools safely locked in place until you’re done.
- Magnetic architecture means no more nail-nicks and easy access to tools when wearing gloves.
- Strongest plier head that Leatherman has ever made.
- Replaceable, and repairable 154CM wire cutter blades.
- Wharncliffe combination blade has both straight and serrated edges.
- 18 different tools to help your work through whatever life throws at you.
- Bronze bushings for smooth opening of exterior blades, with interior elements that rotate individually.
- All tools lock into place.
- Contoured and textured handles are grippy and give a nod to the original Leatherman PST.
- Deep carry pocket clip.
- Storm grey nylon sheath is exclusive to the Free line and helps you keep your tool close to hand.
Blade edge type
Serrated edges are useful for cutting dense material like rope or webbing. They stay sharper longer than straight edges, but can be more difficult to sharpen.
|Blade material||420 stainless steel|
|Knife length (closed)||11cm|
|Number of knives||1|
|Phillips (cross) driver||Yes|
|Flathead (slot) screwdriver||Yes|
|Blade locking system||Yes|
Reamers are used to enlarge or true a hole that has already exists.
|Wire cutter||Regular and hard wire|
A spike used for making holes in tough materials such as wood or leather.
This type of awl has a hole for thread in the tip.