Equipped with Leatherman’s new magnetic deployment system, this pocket knife gives you smooth and easy access to what you need, when you need it. On top of the combo-edged Wharncliffe blade, the Free K2 has a few of Leatherman’s most requested tools, like scissors. The intuitive magnetic retention system says “goodbye” to the nail-nick, letting you access the tools with an easy roll of your thumb. A cam-lock mechanism keeps your tools safely locked in place until you’re done with them.
- Magnetic architecture means no more nail-nicks.
- Intuitive design is easy to use, giving you ready access to all the tools, even when wearing gloves.
- Leaf springs have been replaced with magnets for a smooth release on every tool.
- Wharncliffe style combo-edge knife excels at everyday tasks, from opening packages to cutting up a snack.
- Scissors are there for those times a knife isn’t the best tool for the job, like cutting medical tape or opening packages.
- Medium screwdriver pulls triple duty, acting as a package opener and pry tool (no more hoping a little prying doesn’t damage your knife).
- Bottle opener is there to help you celebrate a job well done.
- Deep carry pocket clip keeps your tool close to hand, yet tucked cleanly out of the way.
- Bronze bushings for smooth openings.
- All tools lock into place and feature an ambidextrous lock release.
- Rugged aluminum handles are contoured and textured handles adding grip.
Blade edge type
Serrated edges are useful for cutting dense material like rope or webbing. They stay sharper longer than straight edges, but can be more difficult to sharpen.
|Blade material||420 HC stainless steel|
|Knife length (closed)||11.5cm|
|Number of knives||1|
|Flathead (slot) screwdriver||Yes|
|Phillips (cross) driver||Yes|
|Blade locking system||Yes|
Reamers are used to enlarge or true a hole that has already exists.
A spike used for making holes in tough materials such as wood or leather.
Used to remove a hook that has been swallowed by a fish.
This type of awl has a hole for thread in the tip.