Salomon Speedcross 5 Gore-Tex Trail Running Shoes - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Take flight with these lightweight racing-flat trail runners. Built for speed, they feature a GORE-TEX® waterproof and breathable membrane upper and anti-debris mesh to keep out grit and stones. Sensifit construction wraps the foot for a close fit and seriously lugged outsoles grip loose or mucky surfaces so you can tear through technical soft ground.
- Uppers are welded textile with anti-debris mesh for seamless comfort.
- GORE-TEX membrane keeps water out while allowing exceptional breathability.
- Sensifit construction wraps foot with synthetic overlays to provide a precise, secure fit and abrasion protection.
- Quicklace systems with reduced-friction lace eyelets.
- Gusseted tongues keep out debris and incorporate lace garages.
- Protective synthetic toe caps.
- OrthoLite insole comforts underfoot.
- Dual-density Energycell+ EVA midsole for energy transfer and cushion.
- Contragrip® TA outsoles are lightweight and aggressively lugged for traction on loose or muddy surfaces.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
How to measure
- Foot length
- Use a ruler to measure the tracing off your foot from the front of your longest toe to the back of your heel.