Get your backcountry adventures started out right (or upgrade all your old kit in one fell swoop) with this high-quality avalanche safety package. Simple and streamlined, the Recon BT is equipped with all the features you need for efficient, accurate searches in the event of an avalanche burial. An ergonomic housing and soft-touch contact points make the transceiver comfortable and straightforward to use, and handy Bluetooth functionality allows you to manage device setting and software upgrades via the PIEPS mobile app. The intuitive display features large arrows and easy-to-interpret multiple burial indicators, and the large, central button lets you easily mark a located signal so you can move on to the next in multiple burial scenarios. The included Transfer 3 shovel and Quickdraw Tour 280 probe are lightweight, durable and easy to use, and offer fantastic value as part of this set.
- Ergonomic housing with soft-touch contact points.
- Three antennas.
- 60 meter circular, symmetrical search range.
- Group check mode with 1 meter receiving range.
- Mark/unmark function for multiple burial scenarios.
- Display is capable of showing 1, 2, 3 or 4+ buried signals.
- Bluetooth functionality allows users to manage settings and software updates from the Pieps mobile app.
- Auto-search-to-send feature (which must be configured via the Pieps mobile app) returns device to send mode if searcher is immobilized by a second avalanche.
- Compatible with Pieps iProbe for enhanced search capabilities.
- Harness-style carrying pouch included.
- 3 AAA batteries included.
- Shovel has an ultra-strong aluminum blade.
- Small, mitt-friendly handle feels like a D-grip but packs like a T-grip.
- Rectangular shaft will not rotate, and allows a simple spring-pin engagement.
- Extended length is 79cm, collapsed length is 61cm.
- Probe is durable enough for professional use and daily backcountry snow study, block cutting and snow bridge testing.
- Ferrules offer fast deployment and high durability.
- Stuff sack integrates with the probe’s pull cord for one-pull readiness.
- Non-slip grip provides secure purchase, even with wet gloves.
- Oversized, durable alloy tip improves probing sensitivity by creating a larger hole.
- High visibility scale features 1cm gradations.
|Ideal for||Backcountry skiing|
|Burial direction indicator||Arrow|
|Buried transmitter display||1, 2, 3, 4, 4+ victims|
|Mark function||Mark and unmark|
|Auto-revert to transmit||Yes|
|Search strip width||60m|
|Dimensions||7.5 x 2.8 x 11.5cm|
|Batteries||3 AAA (included)|
|Multiple burial modes||Yes|