La Sportiva Kaptiva Gore-Tex Trail Running Shoes - Women's
- Available online
- Find in store
We need some downtime. For the next 13 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A waterproof breathable racing and training shoe with full-length underfoot protection and aggressive lugs for challenging trails. The upper makes use of GORE-TEX® Invisible Fit technology for excellent waterproof breathble performance with almost no weight penalty, and fits snugly for control and precision on the trail. High-traction rubber soles add grip and give you solid braking on loose surfaces.
- Synthetic upper with Sock-Like Compression and thermo-adhesive overlays for a lightweight, glove-like fit.
- GORE-TEX® Invisible Fit technology is reliable waterproof and breathable with very little added weight.
- Knit wraparound tongue with debossed flex lines for control.
- TPU toe cap keeps you from bashing your toes.
- Lined with slip-resistant nylon mesh, plus Air Mesh in the heel.
- Compression-moulded, dual-injection MEMlex EVA midsole with TPU Stabilizer inserts for stability and cushioning.
- Full-length 1.5mm EVA Rock-Guard for underfoot protection.
- FriXion XF 2.0 and Trail Rocker outsole with 3.5-4.5mm lugs and Impact Brake System for control and grip in rugged conditions.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
How to measure