A jacket that's long enough to sit on a wet park bench while you take in fall colours. The Molster Jacket has a fully waterproof-breathable outer made of 3-layer fabric, finished with non-fluorine DWR. For added weather protection, the seams are taped, the zipper is water resistant and the hood is big enough to keep your hair and your glasses dry.
- Shell jacket is fully lined polyester with sealed seams.
- Rudolf Bionic Finish® ECO sustainable, fluorine-free durable water-repellent treatment.
- Hood is fixed, but adjustable.
- Tall collar has a zipper garage to protect you chin.
- YKK front zip.
- Generous front pockets and a secure inner pocket.
- Dropped hem for coverage, with a split in back and drawcord adjustment.
- Cuffs have snaps for adjustment.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.