A reliably warm jacket that says, "Move aside, winter. I've got errands to run." Waterproof-breathable exterior fabric with sealed seams shuts out wind and rain. Synthetic insulation keeps you warm but not weighed down. When the wind whooshes or the fog floats unchecked down the boulevard, you'll be glad you have an insulated, cinchable hood and deep hand pockets.
- Face fabric is windproof, waterproof-breathable polyester and has sealed seams at exposed areas.
- Rudolf Bionic Finish® ECO is a fluorine-free durable water-repellent treatment.
- Insulated hood is removeable and closes tight to keep out wind.
- 2-way zip has an inner and outer placket.
- Side slits had snap closures.
- Handwarmer pockets 2 have snap closures.
- Secure zippered pocket on sleeve.
- Rib-knit cuffs and hem keep drafts out.
- Relaxed fit accommodates layers.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||80g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.