Because no margin of safety is too great. Scott’s safety-focused Patrol E1 22L is a sweet sidekick for heli drops or quick powder laps. Employing an electronic airbag system, the innovative design allows rapid and repeatable deployments of the float system in the event of an avalanche. You can haul up skis in diagonal or A-frame attachment, or carry a snowboard. When you stop for a break or to switch modes, a big clamshell opening with glove-friendly zipper pulls lets you dive into the main compartment easily.
- High speed turbo radial fan rapidly inflates airbag without cartridges.
- High density EVA back panel is comfy and snow resistant.
- Adjustable sternum strap includes a safety whistle.
- Main compartment opens with full U-zip for unobstructed access.
- Sow safety pocket holds a shovel and probe.
- Diagonal ski or A-frame ski attachment.
- Snowboard attachment.
- Attachments for up to 2 tools, either poles or axes.
- Versatile daisy chain loops.
- Soft lined goggle compartment.
- Internal map pocket with key clip.
- Adjustable external helmet carry option in lightweight mesh.
- Glove-friendly zipper pulls for cold-weather use.
- Light webbing hipbelt with leg loop.
|Ideal for||Backcountry skiing|
|Main fabric||420-denier nylon|
|Secondary fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.
|Deployment System||High-speed fan|