Lightweight, packable and insulated with the high quality down fill, the Proton is ideal for extended hikes and ski tours where space is at a premium. 800+ fill power water-resistant down insulation was developed with NikWax®, and the nylon shell and liner are robust enough for real mountain use. Finally, the down (for all Rab down products) meets the Responsible Down Standard, ensuring their entire supply chain adheres to the highest possible animal welfare and safety standards.
- Exterior is light but tough 20-denier nylon with a DWR finish for excellent water and wind resistance.
- 800+ fill-power goose down insulation dries faster, maintains loft better and retains less moisture than traditional down.
- Fill weight of 130g provides ample warmth at very low weight.
- Insulation meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Low-profile, down-filled hood.
- YKK front zip is reversed and coated for water- and wind-resistance.
- 2 zippered hand pockets.
- Low-profile elastic cuffs and drawcord hem seal in heat.
- Concealed hem drawacord adjusters seal out drafts.
- Includes a stuff sack for easy storage in your backpack when conditions warm up.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||800 fill-power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Certified Responsible Down|