When winter arrives, pull on this snappy marshmellow. This down smock is a nod to Rab's heritage, from the snaps to the retro logo patch. And it's a functional as it is fabulous, warm enough for backcountry missions but awesome enough to rock around town. The light durable shell can handle a day in your urban life. And the thick baffles pack enough down to keep you from turning into an icicle when you're stuck on belay, or brewing up some coffee at the campsite. A little rain in the forecast? Fear not. Its hydrophobic down won't wilt under a little weather.
- 650 fill power Nikwax® hydrophobic down provides durable and compressible insulation.
- 70 denier Pertex® Quantum shell fabric is wind resistant and ultralight with a DWR coating to shed light rain or snow.
- Large baffles hold enough down to keep you warm in cool or moderately cold conditions.
- Stand up down-filled collar and chin guard seals out the wind and cold.
- YKK® Vislon 1/2 zipper with snap wind flap seals out the cold and wind.
- 1 kangaroo pocket and 1 internal zippered security pocket.
- Velcro® tabs at the cuffs.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Insulation||650 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Certified Responsible Down|