A versatile shell for year-round use. This is a solid choice for alpine adventurers who prioritize durability and comfort in changing conditions. Combining GORE-TEX® C-Knit® with GORE-TEX® Pro® reinforcements, it's easy to move in and layers nicely over whatever the weather dictates. With sizeable underarm vents and a helmet-compatible hood, it's the one for fall summits to spring ski tours.
- Durable GORE-TEX® Pro® in a 70-denier nylon face fabric on the shoulders and arms.
- Supple GORE-TEX® C-Knit® in a 40-denier nylon face fabric on the hood and torso.
- Helmet compatible hood with a flexible wire brim and hidden 3-point hood adjustment.
- 2-way YKK® Vislon zipper with a snap closure at the hem.
- Underarm zippered vents for added temperature control.
- External chest pocket for storing small quick-access items.
- Internal zippered security pocket.
- Anatomically shaped cuff with Velcro® tab.
- Clean hem design with one-hand adjustment for comfortable layering under a harness or pack.
- Large size has a 80cm centre back length.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|