Sweet simplicity. With a minimalist yet intelligent design, this althletically fitting shell can keep up with you on the mountain. Using two types of GORE-TEX® fabric, this jacket is body mapped to increase breathability where you need it, without sacrificing durability on the shoulders or arms. Its full storm hood protects your head and face from the mountain’s fury, or rolls down neatly when not in use.
- Durable GORE-TEX® Pro® in a 40-denier nylon face fabric on the chest and arms.
- Extra breathable GORE-TEX® Active® in a 30-denier nylon ripstop face fabric on the back, under the arms and neck.
- Helmet compatible hood with a flexible wire brim and hidden 3-point hood adjustment.
- 2-way YKK® Vislon zipper with a snap closure at the hem.
- Underarm zippered vents for added temperature control.
- 2 external chest pockets for storing small quick-access items.
- Internal zippered security pocket.
- Internal mesh storage pocket for soft items.
- Anatomically shaped cuff with Velcro® tab.
- Clean hem design with one-hand adjustment for comfortable layering under a harness or pack.
- 75cm centre back length in a size 12.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|