Practice natural running without losing cushion. The Phantom road shoes use a proprietary midsole that is springier than traditional EVA, with a 30mm heel stack height to keep your feet comfortable on long runs. Outsole rubber placed in the heel and toe adds traction and durability without much weight.
- Breathable mesh upper with printed overlays for increased durability.
- TPU heel counter holds foot securely in place.
- OrthoLite footbed has an antimicrobial treatment to resist odours.
- Zip Foam midsole cushions underfoot and provides ample rebound.
- Zip Foam packs down less and is springier than EVA.
- Rubber outsole segments in toe and heel provide traction on pavement.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.