A nice upgrade for your bike that won't wipe out your bank account. The Aksium Elite UST wheels build on the success of previous versions and are now tubeless compatible. Tubeless gaives you lower rolling resistance for a comfortable ride at lower tire pressure. While tnot the lightest around, the bladed spokes and aluminum hubs do a good job at keeping the grams off. A great option for year-round riding, or for using as your winter wheels.
- S6000 aluminum rims with UB control braking surface.
- Internal rim width is 19mm and optimized for 25mm and 28mm wide tires.
- Straight-pull flat double butted steel spokes.
- Spoke count is 20 (front and rear).
- Aluminum hubs with steel axles.
- FTS-L steel freehub body.
- 25mm Yksion Pro UST tires are tubeless ready.
- Includes BR101 quick releases. UST valves, tubeless rim tape, tire sealant and tire sealant syringe.
- Max tire pressure tubeless: 25mm tires 87 PSI. 28mm tires 70 PSI.
- Max tire pressure when using tube: 25mm tires 102 PSI. 28mm tires 87 PSI.
- Front wheel weighs 825g, rear 955g. Weighed without tires.
|Ideal for||Sport road cycling|
|Recommended tire width||25-32mm|
|Brake compatibility||Rim brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
Front hub width
The hub width must fit the inside distance between the two fork ends (dropouts).
|Rear hub width||130mm|
|Hub (front)||Mavic Aksium|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Rims||Mavic Aksium Elite UST|