Run without hesitation, anywhere and in any weather. One of the lightest winter running shoes on the market, the Oribi5 BUGrip laps up gravel roads and off-road meanders. Its seamless upper sheds off snow or rain, keeping your feet happy on any length of run. And the outsole is ultra grippy, with 16 steel studs to bite into iced zones or packed snow. From urban trails to off-the-grid runs, it provides low profile and reassuring traction without the slop and slippage of an aftermarket traction device.
- Weatherproof upper with a TPU coating keeps water, snow and rain out.
- Seamless upper provides a secure fit that suits novice and experienced runners.
- Moderate cushioning provides a sensitive feel on the trail while dampening shock on longer runs.
- Thick tongue is supple for a sock-like fit to reduce pressure points.
- Integrated Rock Shields adds another layer of protection against sharps hiding in the snow.
- BUGrip outsoles feature a low profile design that amps up grip with 16 steel studs.
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.