Tunes, technology and temperature control, this all-mountain helmet challenges all standards for safety and comfort. Its hybridized design combines the best characteristics of hard-shell construction and in-mould designs. The result is a helmet with dynamic qualities that delivers improved shock absorption in a light package. All that jazz, plus you get 22 vents to adjust open or closed. It's all-day riding comfort no matter what side of the mountain you're on.
- Advanced Hybrid Shell design takes elements of hard-shell and in-mould construction for dynamic protection.
- Multi-directional Impact Protection System protects your brain from rotational forces.
- Integrated impact shields offer increased protection at vulnerable areas.
- EPS inner absorbs and dissipates shock in the event of an impact.
- 22 dial-adjustable vents let you control the airflow.
- Dial fit allows easy and quick adjustment for all-day comfort.
- Quick dry liner can be removed for easy washing.
- Magnetic chin buckle releases to the side.
- Audio compatible.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).