When can't choose between long and short sleeves, this versatile jacket lets you choose both. "RoS" stands for "Rain or Shine". If it's raining, the long-sleeved configuration provides warmth, windproofness and a high level of water-resistance. If it's shining, zip off the sleeves and you've essentially got Castelli's iconic Gabba jacket to protect you in mild conditions. Thoughtful touches like enlarged, glove-friendly rear pockets, a dedicated pump sleeve, zippered front vents and extensive reflective panels ensure you're equipped for epic days.
- Castelli exclusive Gore-Tex® Infinium™ 205 fabric on front-facing surfaces is windproof and highly water-resistant.
- Gore-Tex® Infinium™ 203 on rear-facing surfaces provides extra stretch and breathability.
- Taped shoulder seams for extra rain protection.
- Zips just above elbows to allow use as long- or short-sleeve jacket.
- Easy-sliding YKK® Vislon® zipper is covered for extra wind and rain protection.
- Zippered ventilation openings on side of chest.
- 2 rear pockets with pump sleeve are enlarged for easy access with gloved hands.
- Dropped tail offers extended protection from road splash and features a large black reflective panel for excellent visibility from behind.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||2 back drop-in|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.