Protection without weight. This helmet/visor combo is designed for small noggins. An adjustable sizing system means it stays in use for more than one season. The attached visor eliminates the need for detached goggles – so there’s one less thing to pack on your way to the slopes.
- Attached visor with orange tint lens (VLT 22%) offers versatile eye protection for bright and overcast days.
- Polycarbonate shell provides durable protection.
- EPS liner fused to shell absorbs shocks in the event of a fall.
- Custom Dial offers quick, easy adjustment for growing heads.
- Wide range of size adjustment, for several seasons of riding.
- Airflow venting keeps heads cool and reduces fog.
- Liner comes out for easy washing.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).