A slick safety hat for snowsports and biking. The Brigade helmet has been around for a while, but this version is the best equipped yet. Packing style and safety, the Brigade+ is engineered to protect your head against impacts without weight. With adjustable ventilation, you tune the airflow to stay comfy and fog-free. You can remove and wash the liner, which is handy in the aftermath of long sweat-soaked runs. Plus integrated summer pads keep you cool on summer rides around town.
- Injected ABS Shell is used for its long-lasting durability and ding-resistant strength.
- EPS4D liner with EPP inserts provides high energy absorption on impact.
- Active ventilation lets you tune the amount of airflow to keep you comfortable.
- Integrated Custom Dial adjustment provides a precise and comfortable fit.
- Removable earpads are audio system–compatible.
- Removable washable liner.
- Helmet storage bag included.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPP (expanded polypropylene) + EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
|Snowsports + cycling|
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).