With a positively plump 118 mm waist, the QST 118 floats like a dream on bottomless days, but the layers of carbon and flax (C/FX 3 superfibre) and the twin rocker shape provide stability and predictability for the hard stuff. It all adds up to a pair of versatile skis for resort laps and for big swishy turns in all conditions from powder to the chunder.
- Inverted 3D wood core offers great stability and rebound.
- Layer of carbon and flax laminate keeps the weight low while increasing the ski's dampness.
- Twin rocker offers maximum float and a surfy, playful feel in deep snow.
- Full sandwich construction features ABS sidewall all around the ski for increase durability and strength.
- 5-point sidecut improves steering in mixed snow and makes for a quick and agile ski.
- Cork insert in tip reduces chatter for confidence-boosting stability.
- Glossy topsheet looks sharp and won't hold snow.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.