The Super 8 is a versatile directional deck that excels in powder without sacrificing carving ability on hardpack. A tapered shape, uncambered front section and set back stance give it a floaty, loose feel when charging steep powder, while a more traditional camber under the back foot lets you carve up groomers. Quadratic sidecut provides edge-to-edge agility, while a stiff, lightweight wood/carbon build with ABS sidewalls ensures a ride that's poppy and lively.
- Tapered directional shape provides float for charging the steep and deep line of your choice.
- Backseat camber combines traditional camber under your back foot with a flat nose for high-speed carving on groomers and a looser, floaty feeling in pow.
- Quadratic sidecut for easy turns and agility from edge to edge.
- Lightweight aspen wood core.
- Shaped core profile provides extra pop.
- C/FX Superfiber laminate combines carbon fibre and flax for a light, lively and damp ride.
- ABS sidewalls for durability and dampening properties.
- Sintered bases for excellent wax retention.
- Binding compatibility: 2 X 4 insert pattern.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
The portion of the metal edge in contact with the snow to engage turns. Shorter effective edges make for quicker turns. Longer effective edges help stability at high speeds.