One of Salomon's most versatile boards, the Wonder is designed for maximum performance and playfulness on all terrains, in all conditions. An advanced directional twin shape is built for switch riding, with lengthened contact points for soft snow performance that won't affect handling on groomers. The well-considered rocker profile is flat between the feet for stability, cambered under the feet for edge control and rockered at the ends for a loose, floaty feel in powder. Under the hood, a high-quality aspen core is bolstered by basalt stringers for optimal pop and flex, while rubber blocks inserted in the ABS sidewalls provide exceptional protection and dampness.
- Directional twin shape for all-mountain playfulness and versatility.
- Rock Out camber combines traditional camber under your feet, a flat section between them and rockered ends for a ride that's stable, responsive and floaty in soft snow.
- Sidecut is optimized for carving and agility.
- Lightweight aspen wood core, with bamboo rods for extra pop and a powerful flex.
- Medium density fiberglass layers make for a light and lively ride.
- ABS sidewalls for durability and dampening properties.
- Sintered bases for excellent wax retention.
- Binding compatibility: 2 X 4 insert pattern.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
The portion of the metal edge in contact with the snow to engage turns. Shorter effective edges make for quicker turns. Longer effective edges help stability at high speeds.