One of Salomon's most versatile boards for intermediate to advanced riders, the Rumble Fish offers maximum performance and playfulness in all terrain and conditions. An advanced directional twin shape is built for switch riding, with lengthened contact points for soft snow performance that won't affect handling on groomers. The well-considered rocker profile is flat between the feet for stability, cambered under the feet for edge control and rockered at the ends for a loose, floaty feel in powder. Under the hood, a super-light paulownia wood core is bolstered by carbon stringers for optimal pop and flex, while royal cork sidewalls provide exceptional protection and dampness.
- Directional twin shape for all-mountain playfulness and versatility.
- Rock Out camber combines traditional camber under your feet, a flat section between them and rockered ends for a ride that's stable, responsive and floaty in soft snow.
- Sidecut is optimized for carving and agility.
- Super lightweight paulownia wood core, with strategically placed carbon stringers for extra pop and flex.
- Medium density fiberglass layers make for a light and lively ride.
- Structural bamboo veneers reduce fibreglass and resin content for more pop and less plastic.
- Lightened tip and tail sections lower swing weight for switching ends.
- Protective royal cork sidewalls are more eco friendly than ABS.
- Sintered bases for excellent wax retention.
- Medium flex.
- Binding compatibility: 2 X 4 insert pattern.
- 140cm and 144cm have a pink base with dark grey writing and 148cm and 150cm get a dark grey base with pink writing.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.
The portion of the metal edge in contact with the snow to engage turns. Shorter effective edges make for quicker turns. Longer effective edges help stability at high speeds.