All-day shredding with all-day safety. This hardshell helmet is built for a full season of tricks and turns. With a tough ABS outer, the Scout can handle your learning curve while looking out for your brain. With MIPS technology, you're protected from hard rolls. Vents keep the air flowing, plus you can remove the earpads when the cardio really kicks in.
- ABS hardshell construction balances protection and strength with durability.
- EPS inner absorbs and dissipates energy from side impacts and collisions.
- MIPS technology helps protect your brain from rotational forces.
- Venting keeps airflow moving to control the climate inside.
- Elastic fit system self-adjusts for each use.
- Removable ear pads make spring days less sweaty.
- Side release buckle for glove-friendly on/off.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Elastic + interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).