Use this Shimano Altus front derailleur to complete a drivetrain with 3 chainrings and 9 rear speeds. This updated version makes shifting even easier than before.
- Compatible with 9-speed HG chain.
- Clamp-on attachment is compatible with 34.9mm, 31.8mm and 28.6mm seat tube sizes.
- Chain guide is chrome-plated steel.
- Dual-pull works with all cable routings.
- 50mm chain line.
- 66-69 chainstay angle.
- Compatible with top gear teeth of 48T.
- Total capacity is 22T.
Braze-on mounting uses fittings permanently mounted to the frame. Collar mounted derailleurs secure around the seat tube with a clamp. Direct mount are fastened to the chainstay.
Bottom-pull are operated by a cable running from below. Top-pull are operated by a cable running down from above. Dual-pull are equipped to be operated by either top or bottom.
A double is ideal for cranksets with two chainrings. A triple is designed for cranksets with two or three chainrings.
The maximum number of teeth difference between the smallest and largest chainrings (front derailleur) or cogs (rear derailleur).