This best-seller from Swany is like the Swiss Army Knife of backcountry gloves. The X-change is designed for touring and resort ripping. A waterproof-breathable membrane and moisture-wicking lining make it pleasingly warm. Reliable insulation takes care of bracing cold and wet snow conditions. Leather palms are tough enough for 100+ day seasons.
- Swany soft shell fabric is windproof, breathable, and water-resistant.
- Tri-plex insulation system uses Dryfinger® II Waterproof-breathable insert, Swany Dry Lining for warmth without excess bulk.
- Leather palm and trim for durability and grip.
- Pre-curved, rolled finger construction adds dexterity.
- Heat pack pocket with aqua-guard zipper.
- Adjustable wrist and cuff drawcord strap seal out snow and drafts.
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Hand warmer pocket
The gloves or mitts feature a small pocket to insert a heater pack for extra warmth.