Add a mini-ER to your basecamp with this comprehensive first aid kit. The Mountaineer first aid kit has extensive supplies for confidence on multi-week adventures. Designed for 10 people on 28-day adventures, this kit takes care of everything from trauma essentials, to minor allergic reactions. With 6 different compartments: wound care/burn/blister, medication, cuts and scrapes, instruments, fracture/sprain and stop bleeding fast, getting what you need is fast and intuitive. An included compact summit first aid kit lets you pack the bare necessities for day-trips, letting you leave the big kit in camp.
- Includes a bilingual wilderness first aid guide.
- Designed for 10 people on 28-day adventures.
- Compact zippered case has quick-reference guide printed on the back, so you know where to find what you need when you need it.
- Internal pockets are labeled (wound care/burn/blister, medication, cuts and scrapes, instruments, fracture/sprain and stop bleeding fast) making off-grid care easier and more instinctual.
- Included summit kit with 2 DryFlex™ bags to pack the essentials, while the larger kit stays at camp.
- Control severe bleeding with the 10.25cm emergency bandage (aka Israeli Bandage) and trauma pads (12.7 x 22.8cm and 20 x 25cm).
- Precut moleskin patches help you get back on the trail faster and stop blisters before they start.
- GlacierGel™ blister & burn dressings relieve pain, reduce scarring and speed up healing time.
- C-Splint™ (91 x 10.25 cm) helps you stabilize and secure fractures, sprains and dislocations.
- EMT shears keep your from having you use your pocket knife when it comes time to cut gauze or bandages.
- 20cc irrigation syringe lets you clean wounds before bandaging them.
- Elasticised bandage helps stabilize strains or sprains.
- Medicine pouch has room to pack your own assortment of medicines to manage fevers, pain, allergies and stomach aches.
- Single-use thermometers lets you assess fevers in the field.
- Reflective mountain logo makes the first aid bag easier to find in low-light.
- Please note that MEC sells the International version of this kit. Contents may vary slightly from the US versions described on the vendor's website and videos.
|Ideal for||Emergency preparedness|
|Recommended use||Extended trip|
|Dimensions||31.8 x 21.6 x 15.2cm|
The pouch is waterproof and has a watertight closure to keep the contents dry in wet conditions.
|Patient assessment forms||Yes|
|Elastic bandage with Velcro||Yes|
|Trauma pad medium||Yes|
|Trauma pad large||Yes|
|Medical gloves material||Nitrile|
|CPR face shield||Yes|
|Adhesive fabric bandages||10|
|Sterile scrub brush||Yes|
|Non-adherent sterile dressing||4|
|Sterile dressing gauze medium||8|
|Adhesive fabric knuckle bandages||10|
|First aid guide||Yes|
|Cotton tip applicator||4|
|Sterile dressing gauze large||8|
|Sterile disposable scalpel||No|
|Wound closure strips||10|