Cross that illusive shrike off your life-list, or scope the perfect cove to drop anchor. These mid-size binoculars are compact and light enough to carry all-day. With their large objective lenses and fully-coated optics, the 3s deliver a crisp image, even in low-light. A wide field of view helps you get the whole pictures, while 10x magnification shows subjects in perfect detail.
- Roof-prism construction reduces weight and bulk.
- Roof prisms are phase-correction-coated for high resolution and high-reflection mirror-coated for brightness.
- Multilayer-coated lenses for a sharp image with accurate colours.
- Fog-free design with O-ring seals and with nitrogen gas filling.
- Lenses and prisms are made with an eco-glass that’s free of arsenic and lead.
- Long eye relief ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers.
- Turn-and-slide eyecups with multi-clicks make selecting the correct eyepoint fast and easy.
- Rubber armour for shock resistance and a firm grip even in the wet.
- Reinforced polycarbonate keeps weight down without sacrificing strength.
This tells you how many times an object is magnified when observed through the binoculars.
The diameter of the objective lens will impact how bright, sharp, and comfortable your view is. Generally, bigger is better.
Lens coatings reduce light loss and glare to increase contrast and diminish eyestrain. Coated: one layer on external surfaces only. Fully coated: every surface is coated. Multi-coated: multiple layers on some of the surfaces. Fully multi-coated: multiple layers on every optical surface.
Field of view
The widest dimension of circular viewing area that you can see.
The nearest distance at which the binoculars will focus on an object.
The diameter of the objective (outside) lens divided by the binocular's magnification. It indicates the amount of light that reaches your eye (most noticeable in low light conditions). Higher numbers offer brighter images.
The distance between the eyepiece and your eye while still allowing entire field of view. Long eye relief is good for eyeglass wearers.
|Dimensions||15 x 13cm|
Waterproof binoculars are assembled with O-rings and are purged with nitrogen to avoid condensation. They are ideal for boating or use in rainy weather.
These binoculars can be adjusted for variances between right and left eye vision.