Light enough and small enough to throw in your running vest, this diminutive headlamp packs a real punch. At just 100 grams the Swift RL won’t weigh you down. Packing up to 900 lumens of light controlled by Peztl’s reactive technology, the Swift RL has plenty of power to bring your little parcel of the outdoors into focus. Peztl’s reactive lighting technology adjusts your headlamp’s beam pattern and light output for you. An onboard sensor reads the ambient light of your environment and uses that info decide how bright your light should be. With reactive lighting you can let your light pick the right mode and you can stay focused on the trail.
- Equipped with both reactive (up to 900 lumens) and standard (high: 550 lumens, medium: 200 lumens and low: 10 lumens) lighting modes.
- Reactive lighting customizes your headlamp’s output to best match your current conditions, from how bright the light is, to what type of beam it uses – flood light, spot light or a combination.
- Reactive lighting sensor will also turn your light off for you when it detects there is enough ambient light.
- Easy 1-button operation works well with gloved or cold hands.
- USB recharging makes it easy to charge your light, taking 6 hours to fully charge from a computer’s USB port.
- 5-level battery status indicator lets you know how your battery is doing, both when charging or in use.
- IPX4 weather protection keeps your light shining in pouring rain.
- Stabilizing headband cradles the base of your head, improving comfort and beam stability.
- Headband features reflective stitching to help keep you seen.
- Lock-out mode keeps the light from turning on while in transit.
- 10-15 lumen reserve mode runs for 2 hours, ensuring you don’t get left in the dark.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||12m|
|Beam distance - med||55m|
|Beam distance - high||110m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||2 LEDs|
|Burn time - low||100 h|
|Burn time - med||5 h|
|Burn time - high||2 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
|Red light mode||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 2350mAh (included)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|