MEC Aura Hoodie - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A warmer spin on the ever-popular Uplink Hoodie, the Aura is ready for all your cold-weather adventures. It's loaded with 100g synthetic insulation under the lightweight, DWR-treated ripstop shell, so it stands up to dampness and keeps the chills at bay in the backcountry. The internal chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack, so it takes up very little room in your pack on those warmer days.
- As we make the transition to our new logo, the MEC garment you receive may reflect our nod to the past or return to the peaks. The materials and features remain the same, though the logo itself may differ.
- Lightweight 20-denier ripstop polyester with a DWR finish.
- Thermolite synthetic insulation (35% recycled content) retains warmth when wet.
- Insulation is quilted to one fabric layer to hold it in place.
- Adjustable hood has a rim of elastic binding for easy on and off, even when jacket is zipped.
- Elastic cuffs and internal drawcord at hem seal out drafts.
- Internal stormflap covers zipper and a foldover chinguard protects your skin.
- Stuffs into internal chest pocket for convenient stowing.
|Technology||Thermolite T3 EcoMade|
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop polyester|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop polyester|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.