For the next generation of shredders. On this little mountain machine, your young ripper is ready to tackle the trails and cover some distance. With disc brakes and front suspension, it's a great ride to gain confidence off the pavement. The frame is light but with durable construction, striking a balance of fun and function. And it's designed to stand up to the learning curve of trail riding, so it's destined for heirloom status.
- MEC designed frame uses 6061 aluminum for a durable yet light construction.
- SunTour XCT SF-16 Jr fork smooths out the bumps in the trail.
- 8-speed gearing gives a great range for trails or hills.
- Shimano Altus shifter and derailleur give reliable gear changes.
- Tektro disc brakes give crisp control in wet, dry or muddy conditions.
- Duro Rugged Wolf tires are nice and grippy.
- Recommended age: 6 to 9 years.
- Recommended rider height: 120cm to 135cm (4ft. to 4ft. 5in.).
|Ideal for||Mountain biking|
|Frame||MEC tapered 6061 aluminum|
|Fork||SR Suntour SF16-XCT JR 20in.|
|Grips/tape||SDG Slater Jr|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro HD-M282 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr.|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Altus|
|Crank + rings||LASCO 1X 28T|
|Bottom bracket||Cartridge bearing|
|Pedals||MEC Platform Jr.|
|Hub (front)||Formula DC20|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano HG200 8-speed 12-32T|
|Tires||Duro Rugged Wolf 20 x 2.0|