Intense 2020 Primer S Expert Bike - Unisex
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A firecracker for the trail. This enduro rig loves a trail roller coaster as much as you do. Unique 279 geometry combines a 29er wheel on the front, keeping you ready to launch over bumps or jumps, and a 27.5 rear wheel for maneuverability and reliable traction. It's light enough to almost make climbing fun. And on the descent, it unleashes its agressive side so you can drive down confidently. From hairpins to jaw clenching jumps, this bike delivers the goods across technical terrain.
- Full carbon frame scales down the weight while keeping your ride feel nimble and agile.
- Agressive enduro/trail geometry gives a 65.1 degree headtube angle.
- Reach: Small (420 mm); Medium (450 mm); and Large (475 mm).
- Internal cable routing keeps shifter, seatpost and brake cables tidy.
- Fox Performance 36 fork absorbs shock with 150mm of travel.
- Fox Performance DPX2 (3-pos) handles well on small or big bumps.
- SRAM NX Eagle crankset gives you lively power on hills, bumps or loose sections.
- Shimano M500/M520 hydraulic disc brakes provide powerful all-conditions braking.
- SRAM NX Eagle shifters give rapid response gearing.
- SRAM NX Eagle rear derailleur provides quick gear changes.
- SRAM NX Eagle chain for durable drive power.
- Dropper seat post.
- Front tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29 x 2.6.
- Rear tire: Maxxis Rekon+ 27.5 x 2.8.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Primer S 279 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPX2|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Intense Recon with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||DUB BSA|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Race|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.