Intense 2020 Primer 29 Expert Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
A maverick on the trails. You've got places to go and trails to see, and this technical 29er can tackle the ridges above and the terrain below. Its enduro geometry puts you in an aggressive position, ready for the ebbs and flows of the trail. And its full carbon frame is sweet on the ascent, with bomber shocks that dampen in full flavour on the descent. For the fast and furious, this mountain machine smashes the glass ceiling on trail riding expectations.
- Full carbon frame scales down the weight while keeping your ride feel nimble and agile.
- Aggressive enduro/trail geometry gives a 65.3 degree headtube angle.
- Reach: Small (420 mm); Medium (450 mm); and Large (475 mm).
- Internal cable routing keeps shifter, seatpost and brake cables tidy.
- Fox Performance 34 fork absorbs shock with 150mm of travel.
- Fox Performance DPX2 (3-pos) handles well on small or big bumps.
- SRAM NX Eagle crankset gives you lively power on hills, bumps or loose sections.
- Shimano M500/M520 hydraulic disc brakes provide powerful all-conditions braking.
- SRAM NX Eagle shifters give rapid response gearing.
- SRAM NX Eagle rear derailleur provides quick gear changes.
- SRAM NX Eagle chain for durable drive power.
- Dropper seat post.
- Front tire: Maxxis High Roller II 29 x 2.5.
- Rear tire: Maxxis Agressor 29 x 2.3.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
|Frame||Intense Primer 29 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 34 Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPX2|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 45mm 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX Eagle 32T|
|Bottom bracket||DUB BSA|
|Hub (front)||LG1 Race SL|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|LG1 Race SL|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Race|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.