Intense 2020 Primer 27.5 Pro Bike - Unisex
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Time for some trail magic. This rowdy ride is all about amping up your agility. Built to pop and pivot in tight sections, this technical bike is the right tool to clean your corners. A nice pair of Maxxis knobbies keep you glued to the ground, hero dirt or not. And with a smaller wheel size, your manoeuvrability and aim is wickedly better, so you can weave through technical terrain with precision. Positively plush shocks make technical descents a bit more flowy, taming the turbulence in the trail. And on this rare occasion, it's okay to stare, the SRAM Eagle and Truvativ Stylo drivetrain excites cycologists and riders alike.
- Full carbon frame scales down the weight while keeping your ride feel nimble and agile.
- Agressive enduro/trail geometry gives a 65.2 degree headtube angle.
- Reach: Small (420 mm); Medium (450 mm); and Large (475 mm).
- Internal cable routing keeps shifter, seatpost and brake cables tidy.
- Fox Factory 34 fork absorbs shock with 150mm of travel.
- Fox Factory DPX2 (3-pos) handles well on small or big bumps.
- Truvativ Stylo 6K (with DUB) crankset is impressively light, strong and stiff.
- Shimano XT (piston) hydraulic disc brakes provide powerful all-conditions braking.
- SRAM GX Eagle shifters give rapid response gearing.
- SRAM X01 Eagle rear derailleur provides quick gear changes.
- SRAM GX Eagle chain for durable drive power.
- Fox Factory Transfer dropper seat post.
- Front tire: Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.5.
- Rear tire: Maxxis Agressor 27.5 x 2.3.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Primer 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Factory 34 Kashima|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPX2|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Factory Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo 6K DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||DUB BSA|
|Hub (front)||LG1 Race SL|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|LG1 Race SL|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Race|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.