Intense 2020 Primer 27.5 Elite Bike - Unisex
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
As good as life gets on a 27.5 bike. Engineered for agility, this aggressive ride features a stiff carbon crankset to propel you up and over, minus the hindrance of any extra mass. Teamed up with a SRAM Eagle back end, the result is a drool-worthy ride that's ready to punch it out of terrain traps. Wickedly manoeuvrable, you can be the master your own escape through tree gates and twisty tracks. A full carbon frame keeps the ride light and lively, and silky smooth shocks turn technical descents into sweet surprises. Topped off with a carbon wheelset, this sublimely flickable bike is race-ready for reigning over your trail kingdom.
- Full carbon frame scales down the weight while keeping your ride feel nimble and agile.
- Agressive enduro/trail geometry gives a 65.2 degree headtube angle.
- Reach: Small (420 mm); Medium (450 mm); and Large (475 mm).
- Internal cable routing keeps shifter, seatpost and brake cables tidy.
- Fox Factory 34 fork absorbs shock with 150mm of travel.
- Fox Factory DPX2 (3-pos) handles well on small or big bumps.
- Truvative Stylo Carbon (with DUB) crankset is as light, strong and stiff as it gets.
- Shimano XT (piston) hydraulic disc brakes provide powerful all-conditions braking.
- SRAM X01 Eagle shifters give rapid response gearing.
- SRAM X01 Eagle rear derailleur provides quick gear changes.
- SRAM GX Eagle chain for durable drive power.
- Fox Factory Transfer dropper seat post.
- Front tire: Maxxis High Roller II 27.5 x 2.5.
- Rear tire: Maxxis Agressor 27.5 x 2.3.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Primer 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Factory 34 Kashima|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPX2|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Factory Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo Carbon DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||DUB BSA|
|Hub (front)||LG1 Race SL|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|LG1 Race SL|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Race Carbon|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.