This breathable midlayer blurs lines. Lightly insulated soft shell fabric is ultra versatile for climbing, skiing or all-mountain pursuits. It's compatible with a helmet and has accessible pockets. A zero-arguments favourite for climbers, mountain bikers and outdoor pros.
- Fortius Air 20 fabric (84% nylon, 16% spandex) is breathable, durable and wind resistant.
- Light DWR coating sheds moisture and speeds drying.
- Octa® Loft insulation is highly breathable and retains loft even when wet.
- Uninsulated hood is adjustable and cuts the wind.
- 2 zippered hand pockets and 2 external zippered chest pockets.
- Elastic cuffs slide over gloves.
- Hem is low profile to sit comfortably under a harness.
- Trim fit.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.