Waterproof trail protection that you'll barely notice you're wearing. The Norvan SL is made with GORE-TEX Shakedry™, a waterproof technology that eliminates the need for a face fabric. The construction drastically reduces weight while increasing breathability of the material. The minimalist design removes unnecessary features in favour of higher packability and fewer grams.
- Super lightweight GORE-TEX Shakedry technology is waterproof and windproof.
- Permanent beading surface uses no DWR finish so its waterproofness won't degrade over time.
- Fully taped seams lock moisture out.
- Adjustable hood with elastic trim maintains peripheral vision.
- Waterproof front zipper prevents water from seeping in.
- Minimalist design has no pockets to keep weight low.
- Elastic cuffs and hem seal out drafts.
|Fabric content||100% nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.