Intense 2020 Carbine 29 Expert Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
If you can dream it, the Carbine will ride it. Enduro-worthy components means this bike can take whatever you can throw at it. It has the fast rolling momentum of a 29er, and is fully capable of more. With 160mm in the front and 155mm in the rear, it has the travel needed to shred the EWS, but the slacker headtube angle (65.5°) and shorter chainstays give it nimble handling and level-headed predictability. The long wheelbase holds traction when you’re pushing the margins on fast descents, without losing the fun factor in tight corners and drops. The Expert Build adds a batch of reliable components: SRAM NX Eagle groupset ensures shifting goes smoothly, and Shimano hydraulic brakes keep things reliably under control. Bottom line, you won't feel under-biked anywhere you ride.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame and top link provides a light, stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient and balanced ride on climbs or descents.
- i-BOX Pivot System allows for compact seat stays and a shortened wheelbase for a remarkably nimble and efficient ride.
- Tapered headtube shaves grams and improves stiffness.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance Float 36 has compression and rebound adjustment.
- FOX Performance Float X2 rear shock provide 155mm of travel.
- Intense Recon dropper seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 170mm (XL) of travel.
- 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle groupset has a massive 11-50 cassette.
- SRAM NX Eagle crank is paired to a 32T ring, using a DUB pressfit bottom bracket.
- Shimano M520 hydraulic disc brakes with 203mm in the front and 180mm rotors in the rear.
- 780mm wide Intense Recon alloy handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle with chromoly rails.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy wheels have an internal width of 30mm and are tubeless ready.
- Maxxis DHF and DHRII tires blends low rolling resistance and good traction in most conditions.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Carbine carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance X2|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M520 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M520 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX Eagle 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR II 29 x 2.4|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.