Intense 2020 Tracer 27.5 Expert Bike - Unisex
- Not available online
- Find in store
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A most shreddable bike. Perfectly suited for formal Enduro outings and shred sessions, its slack geometry and huge travel lets you pick a line and hammer it. The JS-Tuned suspension set-up allows for shorter than expected chainstays. E13 LG1 wheels are fast, nimble and reliable for long seasons of riding trails. And in a 27.5 inch wheel size, this bike puts you in control on the trail with supreme manoeuvrability. To shave grams, Shimano's M520 brakeset with SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain positions the Tracer Expert in the category of glorious.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame and top link provides a light, stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient and balanced ride on climbs or descents.
- Low standover height improves maneuverability and stability.
- Suspension link nested directly above the BB allows for a reduction in chainstay length and a shorter wheelbase.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance Float 36 with 160mm of travel can be locked out and tuned.
- FOX Performance Float X2 rear shock with 165mm of travel and 3-position lever for soft, medium and firm settings.
- Intense Recon dropper seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 170mm (XL) of travel.
- SRAM Eagle NX 12-speed shifters and drivetrain.
- SRAM X01-1230 cassette has a massive 11-50T range.
- SRAM NX Eagle crank with 32T chainring.
- Shimano M520 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear.
- 760mm wide Intense Recon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy wheelset with 30mm internal width, and Boost spacing.
- Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR2 are 2.4in. wide on the rear and 2.5in. wide on the front.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Tracer 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance X2|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M520 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M520 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX Eagle 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Race|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR2 27.5 x 2.4|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.