Intense 2020 Tracer 27.5 Expert Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
A most shreddable bike. Perfectly suited for formal Enduro outings and shred sessions, its slack geometry and huge travel lets you pick a line and hammer it. The JS-Tuned suspension set-up allows for shorter than expected chainstays. E13 LG1 wheels are fast, nimble and reliable for long seasons of riding trails. And in a 27.5 inch wheel size, this bike puts you in control on the trail with supreme manoeuvrability. To shave grams, Shimano's M520 brakeset with SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain positions the Tracer Expert in the category of glorious.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame and top link provides a light, stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient and balanced ride on climbs or descents.
- Low standover height improves maneuverability and stability.
- Suspension link nested directly above the BB allows for a reduction in chainstay length and a shorter wheelbase.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance Float 36 with 160mm of travel can be locked out and tuned.
- FOX Performance Float X2 rear shock with 165mm of travel and 3-position lever for soft, medium and firm settings.
- Intense Recon dropper seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 170mm (XL) of travel.
- SRAM Eagle NX 12-speed shifters and drivetrain.
- SRAM X01-1230 cassette has a massive 11-50T range.
- SRAM NX Eagle crank with 32T chainring.
- Shimano M520 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors front and rear.
- 760mm wide Intense Recon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy wheelset with 30mm internal width, and Boost spacing.
- Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR2 are 2.4in. wide on the rear and 2.5in. wide on the front.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Tracer 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance X2|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M520 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M520 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX Eagle 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Race|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR2 27.5 x 2.4|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.