Intense 2020 Tracer 27.5 Pro Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
For shred sessions and enduro outings, the Tracer is a competent ride, ready for whatever you deign to throw at it. Pick a line and go – slack geometry and generous travel shrugs off big hits and botched lines with impeccable downhill manners. Intense JS-Tuned suspension allows shorter-than-expected chainstays. Combined with gorgeous E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy wheels, the result is a ride with UFO-like nimbleness and maneuverability. The most sophisticated bike in the world would be a total disaster with junk brakes and components, so the Tracer Pro rectifies with bombproof SRAM 12-speed GX and X01 shifters plus derailleurs, and Shimano disconcertingly powerful XT M8020 brakes.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame and top link provides a light, stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient and balanced ride on climbs or descents.
- Low standover height improves maneuverability and stability.
- Suspension link nested directly above the BB allows for a reduction in chainstay length and a shorter wheelbase.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Float 36 Factory fork with 160mm can be locked out and tuned.
- FOX Float X2 Performance rear shock with 165mm of travel and 2-position lever for open and firm settings.
- FOX Transfer Factory seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- Truvativ Descendant crank with pressfit DUB standard and a 32T ring.
- SRAM Eagle GX shifter and X01 derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT M8020 hydraulic disc brakes with a 203mm rotor in the front and 180mm in the rear.
- 780mm wide Intense Recon carbon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy wheelset with 30mm internal width, XD driver body, and Boost spacing.
- Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR2 are 2.4in. wide on the rear and 2.5in. wide on the front.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Tracer SL 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Factory GRIP2|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance X2|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 40mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Factory Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant 32T|
|Bottom bracket||Truvativ Pressfit DUB|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR2 27.5 x 2.4|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.