Intense 2020 Tracer 27.5 Pro Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
For shred sessions and enduro outings, the Tracer is a competent ride, ready for whatever you deign to throw at it. Pick a line and go – slack geometry and generous travel shrugs off big hits and botched lines with impeccable downhill manners. Intense JS-Tuned suspension allows shorter-than-expected chainstays. Combined with gorgeous E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy wheels, the result is a ride with UFO-like nimbleness and maneuverability. The most sophisticated bike in the world would be a total disaster with junk brakes and components, so the Tracer Pro rectifies with bombproof SRAM 12-speed GX and X01 shifters plus derailleurs, and Shimano disconcertingly powerful XT M8020 brakes.
- Monocoque unidirectional carbon frame and top link provides a light, stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient and balanced ride on climbs or descents.
- Low standover height improves maneuverability and stability.
- Suspension link nested directly above the BB allows for a reduction in chainstay length and a shorter wheelbase.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Float 36 Factory fork with 160mm can be locked out and tuned.
- FOX Float X2 Performance rear shock with 165mm of travel and 2-position lever for open and firm settings.
- FOX Transfer Factory seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- Truvativ Descendant crank with pressfit DUB standard and a 32T ring.
- SRAM Eagle GX shifter and X01 derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT M8020 hydraulic disc brakes with a 203mm rotor in the front and 180mm in the rear.
- 780mm wide Intense Recon carbon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- Fabric Scoop Radius Elite saddle is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy wheelset with 30mm internal width, XD driver body, and Boost spacing.
- Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR2 are 2.4in. wide on the rear and 2.5in. wide on the front.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Tracer SL 27.5 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Factory GRIP2|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance X2|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 40mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Factory Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Descendant 32T|
|Bottom bracket||Truvativ Pressfit DUB|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Alloy|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5 x 2.4|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.