Intense 2020 Sniper T 29 Expert Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
Compete at XC races and hit the local trails. In true Intense fashion, it's long and low, but don’t be fooled: this bike is fast on technical climbs, rolling terrain and tricky descents. JS Tuned suspension offers a super-smooth, bob-free climbing experience while providing a plush ride when the trail gets rowdy. Like you'd expect from a XC rig, the 29er wheels and finely tuned geometry set you up to roll fast and feel stable. With 120mm of travel in the front and rear, it's enough travel to hit rough trails with confidence. And equipped with Fox Performance fork and shocks, E13 wheels, and a gram-shaving carbon dropper post, the Sniper Trail Expert is spec'd out for next-level riding.
- Full carbon frame and top link, with aluminum lower link, provides a stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing with high performance on descent.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with 44mm offset combines the benefits of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase and low BB height improves stability when riding fast on rough terrain.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance Float 34 fork is lightweight with 120mm of travel.
- FOX Performance Float DPS rear shock has 120mm of travel and a 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Dropper seatpost is lightweight with 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 170mm (XL) of travel.
- SRAM NX Eagle alloy crank uses DUB standard and a 32T ring.
- SRAM Eagle NX shifter and derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes provide responsive braking with a 180mm rotor in the front and 160mm in the rear.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle with Cr-Mo rails is ultra comfy.
- 760mm wide alloy bars provide a comfortable riding position.
- E13 wheelset features a 27mm inner rim width.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires in 2.35in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes: drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services, and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump, and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Sniper Trail carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 34 Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Intense Recon Dropper|
|Headset||Cane Creek AER|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX Eagle 32T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Rims||E13 TRS+ Alloy|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.