Intense 2020 Sniper T 29 Pro Bike
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Next level trail performance for speed focused XC riders. This bike is engineered to crush technical climbs, mixed terrain and gnarly descents. JS Tuned suspension delivers a bob-free climbing experience while plushing out the ride when the trail gets rowdy. With great rolling momentum in the 29er wheels, this bike rolls fast and feels stable. You get 120mm of travel in the front and rear, so you can expect high pedalling efficiency while having enough travel to handle rough patches with extra confidence. From Fox's top-of-the-line Factory fork and shocks, to a dropper post that uses carbon fibre to drop even more weight, the Sniper Trail Pro is packed with magic to last you years of riding.
- Full carbon frame and top link,with aluminum lower link, provides a stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing with high performance on descent.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with 44mm offset combines the benefits of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase and low BB height improves stability when riding fast on rough terrain.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Factory 34 fork uses the incredibly hard Kashima coating and provides 120mm of travel.
- FOX Factory DPS Kashima rear shock has 120mm of travel and a 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci dropper seatpost is lightweight with 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- Truvativ Stylo carbon fibre crank with 34T ring is light and stiff.
- SRAM Eagle GX shifter and X01 derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes provide responsive braking with a 180mm rotor in the front and 160mm in the rear.
- Fabric Line Wide Elite saddle with Cr-Mo rails is ultra comfy.
- 760mm wide Intense carbon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Maxxis Forekaster tires in 2.35in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff, like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Sniper Trail SL carbon|
|Fork||Fox Factory 34 Kashima|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPS Kashima|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek AER|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo Carbon 34T|
|Bottom bracket||Truvativ Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35|
|Saddle||Fabric Line Wide Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.